Friday 7 March 2014

Week 8 Run 3 – The One With The Headache

A short update this morning, essentially because this only counts as a run in the very loosest sense of the word. I woke up this morning with a nasty headache – it was a nice day, so I thought I’d go outside and hope that the fresh air would help it to ease a bit. Unfortunately when I went out I could pretty much feel it thumping through my head every time I took a step – and for those who are uninitiated in the way of running, there are quite a few steps involved in it.

I’d planned out my route, but very quickly I decided to readjust it for a shorter one that took me back past my house, in the vein of Monday’s run. This time, though, I couldn’t even bring myself to do that, and I stopped at about the twelve minute mark and walked back.

I was slightly disappointed to have the first morning where I didn’t complete the allotted run, but at least this wasn’t to do with being out of breath or unfit. (Although I don’t think I was particularly well this morning; I had a stitch-like pain in my side from the warm-up walk which was my first sign that things probably weren’t going well).

Having gone back home and had some paracetamol and lots of water, I’m feeling a bit better now, so hopefully it was just a short-term thing. Over the past two weeks I have now done the week 8 podcast three times, so I feel qualified to move on to the final set of podcasts next week – and the last three blog posts.

This time next week, I might be free from Laura forever!

Ache-illes


No comments:

Post a Comment